Server Support Admin
The role holder will be incident handling and involved in change implementation in one or more technical areas as part of our Monitoring, Change, Hardware and Decommissioning commitment. You will be expected to provide effective technical support of the technology within Private Cloud Infrastructure to meet customer KPI & SLA’s. Use and promote CI methodology as a standard operating tool used by the team on a daily basis to identify areas of waste and drive improvements, delivering to the BT Values.
In this role, the shift patterns are 4 x 12 hour shifts (2 x days – 7am-7pm, 2 x nights – 7pm-7am) followed by 4 days off.
You’ll be part of a highly skilled team all based in our Sheffield office. It’s a friendly and supportive team where you will receive plenty of training and the opportunity to progress.
- Provide technical support, resolving escalated technical support issues across the lines of business to ensure systems availability to the customer.
- Support the timely delivery of IT Provision, Incident handling, Service Requests and Change Management by the team to the published SLAs and KPIs
- Provide technical support in the delivery of the services offered by the team and input to service productivity to achieve targets.
- Provide Line Manager early sight visibility of issues and concerns that could impact the Systems Engineering objectives, and effectively manage escalations.
- Support the Operational elements on transformational opportunities to help meet Dynamic Infrastructure and Technology objectives and influence the business to adopt recommendations.
- Practice CI methodology as a standard operating tool used by the team on a daily basis to identify areas of waste and drive improvements.
- To provide analytical and innovative input to projects/operational issues as well as support negotiations
- Sound knowledge of Incident and change management processes and systems – Service Now desirable
- Stakeholder Management: Able to collaborate and work effectively across complex and matrix relationships, negotiating where needed to help support agreement.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan or other benefits such as dental insurance, gym memberships etc.
- 50% off BT and EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
- Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages
- BT TV, including BT Sport and the NOW Entertainment membership, and 25% off NOW Sport, Cinema and Kids
- 30% discount for friends and family on EE mobile pay monthly and SIM only plans
I inspire and build trust through self-awareness, honesty and integrity.
I take the right decisions that benefit the broader organisation.
Delivering for the customer
I execute brilliantly on clear priorities that add value to our customers and the wider business.
I demonstrate strong commercial focus, bringing an external perspective to decision-making.
I experiment and identify opportunities for growth for both myself and the organisation.
Building for the future
I build diverse future-ready teams where all individuals can be at their best.