This company is a leading insight driven data and CRM agency. It has a reputation for significantly improving and growing its clients’ businesses with a very talented analytics team responsible for optimising its clients’ marketing, customer and targeting strategies.
Their continued success depends on maintaining a high standard of quality and value of service to their clients. As such they aim to recruit, develop and retain the very best staff and empower them to provide outstanding, high quality analytics for their clients.
You will be part of a team of analysts with a range of industry and technical experience, who you will work alongside on projects and learn from. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet with clients, sometimes working on-site allowing you to gain exposure to a working client environment and make valuable connections for the future.
Potential for development and training
It’s a flexible working environment allowing you to progress gradually, developing your knowledge and understanding with each new project and task, ensuring your confidence grows alongside your technical advancement, working towards the ultimate goal of enabling you to become a well-rounded analyst capable of tackling a variety of projects in the future.
Individuals typically progress to a ‘senior analyst’ role within 3-5 years, or choose to specialise in a particular area of expertise e.g. campaign analysis, insight, product development, managerial or more client facing roles.
What a Junior/Graduate Data Analyst will be doing
They are looking to recruit one or more graduate data analysts to join their existing well established and growing team, including 3 graduates who have joined them over the last 2 years. The role is exciting and challenging and will offer you the opportunity to develop your analytical skills alongside a supportive team who will offer training and guidance as well as allowing you to work independently and take more ownership as your expertise develops.
It’s a great opportunity to develop your technical skills working on a variety of client projects across a range of industry sectors including retail, leisure, finance, travel, charity, health, and fashion.
You’ll also develop your knowledge of how different sources of data such as transactional, research, consumer, attitudinal, lifestyle, survey, campaign and digital can drive insight and influence customer engagement strategies.
Day to day responsibilities
In the short-term:
- Analysing and interpreting marketing campaigns, finding conversion patterns and drawing conclusions
- Profiling customers to generate insight and understanding of the consumers’ behaviour
- Validating, cleansing, deduplicating, importing, extracting and manipulating data from a variety of sources and formats for analysis using Microsoft Excel, SAS, SQL or R
- Running queries within the databases
- Data segmentation and analysis tasks
- Summarising results of analyses and developing reports
In the longer term:
- Plan, develop and deploy campaigns by making recommendations for new marketing activities and campaigns based on analysis
- General consultancy including liaison with clients
- Work closely with senior team members and provide analysis for different projects including new client pitch
- Profile and segment customers according to key characteristics and ensure these insights are widely communicated and understood across the business
- More advanced data processing and manipulation
Skills & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level – ideally from a computing, numerate or business related degree. However, past graduates have included Biology and Psychology students who have completed a data analysis module or have a keen interest in data analysis
- Good working knowledge of Excel (including VBA, pivot tables and data lookups)
Nice to have
- Work experience perhaps from a placement year, internship, gap year or maybe you graduated in 2016 or before
- Knowledge of data analysis and statistical modelling tools such as SAS, SQL, SPSS or R
- Experience of statistical modelling techniques such as CHAID, Regression, Clustering/Segmentation
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail
- Solutions orientated with natural problem solving skills
- Self motivated and pro-active, with an ability to multi-task, prioritise, be organised and plan your work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a willingness to engage and influence others
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Personable, adaptable and willing to learn
To apply for this exciting opportunity to work in London as a Junior/Graduate Data Analyst for this data/CRM agency, please send your CV with an accompanying cover letter detailing your experience and suitability for this role to Bernice on [email protected]. You can also share this role with friends or colleagues using the share buttons below.
Are you looking for a move but this role doesn’t quite fit? Analysis Resource are a Data and Analytics recruitment consultancy specialising in data analyst roles including Data Analyst, Marketing Analyst, Insight Analyst, Campaign Analyst as well as Account Management/Executive roles. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect job.