Blaenau-Gwent Council is committed to its vision to be ‘a better place to live and work.’ Collectively, we recognise that we have a commitment to ensuring the wellbeing of future generations; we want our children and their families to have opportunities to enjoy an exciting and aspirational future.
We are therefore seeking creative and motivated social workers to join our Social Services’ department.
We have permanent and fixed term positions available in our Children and Adults Services. We welcome applications from student social workers (pending qualification), newly qualified social workers and experienced social workers. All successful appointees will benefit from a range of support:
- regular individual and group supervision (at least once per month and more frequently if needed)
- coaching, mentoring and peer support facilitated by our workforce development team
- training and development opportunities;
- a competitive salary;
- a staff rewards scheme (including car loans, car leasing scheme, Cycle to work, lifestyle savings, etc)
- local government pension scheme;
- 25 days’ annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ continuous service) plus statutory holidays and the option to ‘purchase’ additional annual leave if required;
- flexible working arrangements and agile working, geared at the promotion of work-life balance.
Our staff benefit from the opportunity to attend weekly, bite-sized training sessions with internal and external facilitators. The range of topics is varied. Our workforce development team also co-ordinates a varied package of more intensive training, developed following regular consultation with staff. We run quarterly Policy and Performance workshops, bringing the division together as a whole to aid networking, shared understanding and service development.
It’s a challenging, but exciting time to be working in social care. We would love you to come and join us.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
If you require further information, please contact:
- Rachel Price on (01495) 355794 for Children’s Services
- Alison Minett on (01495) 356080 for Adult Services