At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life-changing therapies. With clinical trials conducted in 100+ countries and ongoing development of novel frameworks for clinical research through our PPD clinical research portfolio, our work spans laboratory, digital and decentralized clinical trial services. Your determination to deliver quality and accuracy will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on - now and in the future.
Location/Division Specific Information
One of the largest in-house teams dedicated to preference elicitation and related decision analysis. Our clients include all major pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers globally. Our work enables these clients to understand which treatment or device attributes are meaningful to patients, how patients trade-off across these attributes, and what are the implications of such patient preference data for decisions that include regulatory approval and reimbursement of medicines. We specialize in the application of stated preference techniques, such as discrete choice experiment, best worst scaling and swing weighting.
You would be joining a fast growing, successful team, operating at the cutting edge of the science of incorporating stakeholder preferences into health care decision making. We have developed an innovative, collaborative culture, aimed at developing and sharing good practice in preference research, both internally and externally. We are looking for someone who will thrive in this environment.
Position Location: EMEA; office-based, hybrid or fully remote.
Discover Impactful Work:
The Senior Research Scientist acts as an independent Principal Investigator for complex patient preference projects; expected to have comprehensive knowledge of best practices in patient preference research and understand how to apply these practices to address client issues; contributes to strategic business development effort through frequent interactions with clients and “externalization” of patient preference scientific capabilities; provides senior level oversight for junior level Principal Investigators.
A day in the Life:
- Applies knowledge of scientific methods, including quantitative and qualitative techniques, with mastery of one area
- Provides scientific leadership to patient preference team members
- Maintains line of research and expertise in relevant scientific areas, along with connections with new literature and regulatory documents
- Publishes scientific work in journals, presents same at professional meetings and is contributing member to professional organizations
- Supports new product development/scientific innovation
- Consults on strategic insights for patient preference inclusions in drug development
- Plans strategic directions for the group
- Provides rigorous client deliverables
- Develops and maintains client relationships
Financial & Business Development
- Brings in leads and closes sales
- Assumes significant responsibility for sales targets and client development
- Responsible for ongoing stream of funded work for self and others
- Contributes to patient preference financial performance through contribution to funding stream and work allocation.
- Manages financial performance of projects and provides guidance to others of same
- Develops proposals, drafting complex steps for scientific integrity to ensure methodological and strategic aspects
- Conducts internal scientific trainings
- Supervises/mentors mid-level scientific staff
- Participates in staff recruitment efforts
Key Performance Metrics
- External recognition as patient preference expert
- Recognition by clients as a key resource for methodology/disease area, publications, and presentations
- Sales credits on projects and contribution to proposals
- Contributions to strategic directions for the patient preference group
- May have line-management responsibilities for employees (up to and including Research Scientist)
Keys to Success:
- MS/MA/PhD/DrPh/PharmD in a scientific subject area
- Consulting experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Deep understanding of the positioning of patient preference value messages for growing market
- Knowledge of patient preference needs across drug and medical device development
- Extensive knowledge of methods, pharma and regulatory strategy, pharmaceutical and biotech product development process
- Global regulatory requirements related to health outcomes and preference elicitation, and practical research implementation
- Key aspects of the literature (historical and current), and relevant methodology and statistics
- Ability to critically review literature and contribute successfully to peer-reviewed literature in patient preferences
- Extensive knowledge of drug development process and the regulatory requirements to develop patient preference strategies
- Comprehensive knowledge of patient preference research and demonstrated ability to develop patient preference solutions to client issues
- Ability to supervise, mentor, and review junior level staff
- Possess skills for establishing new and maintaining existing client relationships
- Possess excellent communication skills, including strong presentation abilities
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
We value the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive and understand information & ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel.
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus, healthcare, and a range of employee benefits. Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation!
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.