- Liaising with and taking joint responsibility with the Company Directors.
- Investigating and responding to complaints, and reporting matters to the Directors and to CQC where necessary.
- Ensuring that the practices of the organisation are in line with the requirements of the Health and Social Care Act (2008).
- Ensuring the organisation’s compliance with all necessary regulations regarding environmental health, infection control, building control, planning, and health and safety.
- Providing written reports to the Directors, detailing progress towards the targets set with regards to business growth and service expansion.
- Maintaining an on-going awareness of the long term aims and objectives of Novus Care Trust, evaluating the Company’s progression toward those aims and objectives, and devising strategies for the remedied action.
- Expanding the Live in Service to other geographical regions.
- Creating and maintaining useful professional relationships with other organisations such as Local Councils, PCTs, CCGs, Hospital Discharge Teams, Care Provider Associations etc.
- Monitoring and managing the organisation’s resources (staffing, equipment, materials, services, supplies, finances, etc).
- Defining values and policies which take into account the interests, expectations, and requirements of the Company.
- Producing key operational policies, (Behaviour Management, Abuse, Care Plans, Health Care of Service users, Recruitment, Police checks, Complaints Procedure etc) and ensuring their availability to all employees and service-users, as appropriate.
- Preparing enhanced policy and procedure guidelines for the organisation which take into account the most recent regulations within the Health and Social Care industry.
- Commissioning service provisions from, and working with local and central government, and CCG’s.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of research and legislative publications in the field of health and social care.
- At appropriate intervals, assessing personal performance and identifying development proposals in line with current objectives.
- Must be willing to step into the registered manager’s role at any location, should the registered manager for that office be unavailable for any reason.
Desired Skills & Experience:
You will work closely with the directors to manage issues such as staffing, logistics, growth, budgets and overall supervision of the offices.
You must hold a minimum of an NVQ Level 4 in management of care or equivalent.
You must have previous domiciliary care management experience.
You must have strong leadership and organisational skills, be self motivated and be able to prioritise your work load.
You must have a passion to deliver to ensure a high standard of care is delivered to all service users.