Liverpool OT are looking for a part-time Occupational Therapy assistant with an interest in neurological rehabilitation. We are looking for an enthusiastic therapist to join our neurological team to assist with patients who are recovering from neurological trauma. Treatment would be in clinic and in the community environment.
The hours we have available are between 12 and 40 hours per week.
This role will include the following duties:
- Supporting occupational therapists and neurological physiotherapists in providing treatment for patients with neurological conditions
- Conducting exercise programmes with patients under the guidance and supervision of other therapists
- Interacting with healthcare professionals
- Research into neurological conditions
- General reception duties
We require an Occupational Therapy assistant who is:
- A recent graduate of a degree in Occupational Therapy or is currently completing a degree in Occupational Therapy
- Experienced in working with people who have a disability
- Familiar with the practice of Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and written skills
- Able to organise work efficiently
- Reliable and committed
- Able to motivate patients when conducting treatment
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
The successful candidate should also own their own car as the role with involve some travelling.
Please see the below job description and personal specification for further information concerning this vacancy.