Axis Studios is looking to recruit a LEAD RIGGING TD for next-gen game cinematics, commercials projects and feature animations. Candidates will be responsible for designing, creating and maintaining accurate and realistic character, vehicle and prop rigs. They will be working closely with both modelling and animation departments to develop and refine rigs that integrate smoothly into the pipeline.
Key aspects of the role include being able to assess the work being done on rigs by other Rigging TDs and to give relevant and accurate feedback where required in order to maintain quality of assets across the board. Candidates would also be required to liaise with Rigging Supervisors to assess upcoming project requirements and also with other departmental leads to ensure character assets adhere to quality and technical specifications.
There is also an expectation for the Lead artists to be actively involved in conjunction with the Supervisors in advancing the general work standards of the studio.
Please note all applicants at time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.
- Develop realistic skeletal rigs for a variety of humanoids, creatures and props.
- Create tools with Python and MEL scripts to generate rigs in a procedural manner.
- Work with senior TD's to develop and integrate tools into a robust pipeline.
THE LEAD RIGGER HAS EXTRA RESPONSIBILITIES PER PROJECT INCLUDING:
- Be responsible for the Rigging team allocated to the project.
- Review the work of the Rigging team working on the project.
- Set tasks for the rigging team working on the project.
- Communicate with production and other departments working on the project.
- Report to the Rigging Supervisor the progression of the project.
- Good knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of biomechanics, kinesiology for humanoid and animals.
- Thorough understanding of weighting, skinning and being able to work interactively with modelers to resolve challenges.
- Good communication skill and ability to work interactively with the rest of the team.
- Ability to rig characters/objects in a realistic or cartoon manner.
- Good MEL scripting, Python scripting skills are essential.
- Experience with Houdini, Marvelous Designer, cloth, muscles and dynamics are a plus.
- Maya API, C++ skills are a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Senior Rigger and at least 1 year as a Lead Rigger.
- Strong production experience on game cinematics, VFX and realistic characters is preferable.