At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Homes Ecommerce Editor to start the next chapter in your career. We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
The Homes Ecommerce Editor will join the Central Ecommerce Content Team and grow the homes and garden shopping vertical across Hearst UK’s brands, with particular focus on Good Housekeeping, Country Living and House Beautiful.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work with digital brand editors and the Editorial Ecommerce Director to create and lead on a cross-brand, multiple-platform content strategy to grow one of Hearst UK’s key ecommerce verticals.
- Create quality ecommerce articles – buying guides, features, news stories and deals pages – according to brands’ needs, in the appropriate tone and style, across a variety of home and garden product categories.
- Work with the SEO team to ensure all content is fully optimised and updated regularly.
- Work with the affiliate team to ensure all content is fully optimised.
- Support Hearst’s brands over key shopping events and sales periods such as Amazon Prime Day and Black Friday, with advanced planning and real-time coverage.
- Coordinate with the newsletter, video and social teams to ensure homes shopping content is promoted across platforms.
- Use analytical tools to produce monthly reports on output and content performance.
- Manage the Home and Garden Ecommerce Writer, including editing copy and ensuring work is in line with overall home and garden ecommerce strategy.
- Stay on top of market trends and new launches in the home and garden space, and forge relationships with retailers and PRs.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to produce engaging, original copy.
- Experience writing home and garden ecommerce content across multiple publications.
- Experience creating ecommerce content strategies.
- Experience using analytics tools to implement improvements.
- Strong knowledge of consumer trends within the home and garden space.
- Experience working with PRs to get the inside scoop on new product launches.
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape.
- Organised, meticulous and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing and developing junior writers and interns.
- Good knowledge of SEO best practice.
- Good knowledge of affiliate linking and platforms.
- Experience using content management systems.
- Experience using photoshop.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro rated for part-time or fixed-term employees
- Hybrid working model
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organisation the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.
Degree Level :