As a member of the Atlas development team you’ll be responsible for helping deliver high-quality bespoke web software on time and within budget. Working both as an individual and within a team, you will contribute throughout the full development life-cycle for both new and ongoing projects.
When the MD started this business ten years ago, his aim was to create a home for Developers. Somewhere he would want to work. He himself is a passionate coder and remains very hands-on with his business.
With recent investment and an expansion in clients, they are in a period of growth and want to add a Developer to have better focus on the front-end, the user experience. Someone who is thinking of the customer and creating beautiful GUI’s. We are looking for personality and mindset as well as skills. We want passionate coders who love technology and want a career, not just a role.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Working as part of the development team, reporting to Development Manager.
Relevant degree-level qualification or 2+ years commercial experience in a similar role.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
What we’re looking for in you:
- Designing page layouts including text size and colours
- Designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs
- Presenting initial design ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Working with content management systems
- Designing various website’s visual imagery and ensuring it’s in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client
- Writing and proofreading content, making changes where necessary
- Liaising with outside agencies for copy or design when necessary
Nice to have skills:
- Expertise in web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and workarounds
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, particularly Git
- Any UX experience is beneficial
- A commitment to your own personal development and improvement
- Self-directed, self-motivated, proactive and able to work independently with minimal oversight
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Take ownership of web design here within Atlas, working with the wider team to:
- Create mock-ups, prototypes and designs of proposed new web systems and changes to existing software systems
- Assist our development team with the delivery of web software applications
- Assist our marketing team with the delivery of sales and marketing websites and associated collateral
- Co-ordinate with other developers the delivery of application code with a particular focus on the delivery of design and front end elements
WHAT WE OFFER
- Freedom for personal growth and development of your role
- A peer learning environment and managers invested in employee growth
- £25k – £35k dependent upon experience
- 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Private Health Care
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the Web Designer position, please email your CV to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.