We are looking to hire a Strategist to join our growing Strategy Team. In this role you will be required to use your expertise and insights to craft marketing strategies and inspire campaigns that will help brands succeed in China.
Strategy offering and processes
- Develop a thorough understanding of Hot Pot’s products and services and how they are delivered.
- Work with internal teams in optimising, evolving, standardising, and embedding the company’s strategy offering
Creating and delivering strategies
- Prepare for and lead brand immersion sessions to build understanding of the clients business, China objectives and identify needs.
- Brief insight resources to deliver key category trends, competitor analysis and the clients current awareness and perception.
- Conduct audits of the client’s existing China activities and channels, clearly identifying issues and opportunities.
- Leverage data, insights, past case studies and expertise to craft marketing strategies phased across 3-years that will enable the client to succeed in China - help them to define the opportunity, brand positioning and target audiences and then how to reach, engage, convert and retain on the relevant local channels and through owned (e.g. content) and paid (e.g. ads and influencers) media.
- Build a China marketing calendar with specific actions the client will need to take in order to achieve success in China in the year ahead including establishing campaign dates, key activities across core channels, budget allocation and performance metrics.
- Ensure Hot Pot templates are used, and that your strategies are presented to key stakeholders clearly, confidently and with a compelling narrative - both informing clients of what to do and why, and getting them excited about the journey ahead of them.
- Amend strategies based on client requests / feedback / campaign performance, knowing how to communicate what is and isn’t possible in order to achieve the intended results.
- Prepare a quarterly China advisory log for clients
- Accurately forecast time required to complete particular tasks.
- Lead the delivery of all China advisory requirements, including participation in weekly calls and other meetings.
Campaign ideation and planning / performance reporting
- Contribute to the smooth transition from strategy development to campaign ideation and planning.
- Review the campaign ideation and plan prior to presentation to the client to ensure alignment with China strategy.
- Act as an ongoing reference point for the China strategy as required by the Campaigns/Creative team.
- Review and input into the final Campaign reports with focus on validation or any updates that might be required with regards to the China strategy.
- Build and harness your network in China and actively seek out and stay on top of market / consumer / brand / platform / digital / commercial trends in China, ensuring that you are a current and credible China expert.
- Develop a deep understanding of global brands and how they are nuanced and translated across geographies, but specifically how they are made relevant to Chinese consumers.
- Conduct research, go to industry events, network, and subscribe to and read industry publications, in order to be considered highly credible in the industry / sector.
- Help position Hot Pot as a thought leader in the Chinese market, by contributing to white papers, website blog posts etc.
- Share your knowledge with internal teams and externally.
- Develop and lead China education/101 workshops for clients.
- Support pitch development new and existing clients as required, bringing insight and strategic thought into proposals.
- Attend pitches, demonstrating to clients your knowledge of China and their brand, alongside your ability to solve their business challenges.
Project scoping and support:
- Input into the creation of SOWs and project plans, clearly articulating requirements as well as issues and risks.
- Participate in internal project kick-off meetings, ensuring the client brief and project plan in thoroughly understood.
- Ensure all client assets are reviewed and in order prior to commencing work.
- Follow project processes and tools - identifying inefficiencies or opportunities for improvement along the way.
- Contribute to the ongoing optimisation of processes, tools and templates.
- Time track all activities in Harvest
To succeed in this role we think you’ll benefit from having significant experience in the following:
- Working with international brands and clients.
- Working in China in a consulting, strategy, business development or marketing role.
- Designing and delivering marketing strategies for international brands and clients in China, with specific expertise in brand, consumer and digital.
Core company skills
Working for a fast-growth disruptive company requires a certain kind of person. We believe all Hot Potters should possess the following skills:
- Analytical problem solving - you gather and present data in a way that enables you to determine the root cause of problems. You present solutions in a structured and well-considered way.
- Self awareness - you understand how your emotions affect you and others. You know your strengths and weaknesses and are open to feedback
- Organisation - you have a foolproof system for managing your work. This enables you to anticipate and plan for risks and issues, and juggle concurrent tasks.
- Confident communication - you express yourself clearly - in writing and verbally. You are comfortable speaking up, presenting your work, and giving constructive feedback.
- Resilience - you understand the dynamics of an early-stage business. You adapt to change and setbacks with optimism and flexibility.
Core team skills
In addition to the core company skills, we think you’ll need the following skills for this role:
- Strategic - you are methodical, thorough and reflective with ability to shape a clear and compelling narrative and think outside the box to solve problems in the most effective way
- Presentation excellence - you present with confidence, credibility, authority and clarity and in a way that makes it easy for clients and colleagues to buy into you and your ideas.
- China expertise - you understand the broader marketing and category landscape and have outstanding knowledge of China platforms & channels. You know the functions & tactics required to win, with a wealth of relevant case studies and a strong consumer focus.
- Facilitation - you’re able to lead meetings and situations, draw information from stakeholders, and dig beneath the surface to determine pain points, requirements and solutions.
- Commercially aware - you’re familiar with financial reporting and ROI calculations, and strong with analysing performance reports, business data and trends.
Values help us make the right decisions and guide how we behave. At Hot Pot we believe in the following:
- Visible passion - We know a company needs energy to thrive. We are that energy, and openly share our views, interests and quirks with the team.
- Active caring - We are part of something bigger. We go out of our way to improve ourselves, the company and wellbeing of our colleagues.
- Be true - We are always genuine and open - with ourselves, each other, our partners, our clients.
- Always learning - We take ownership over our personal development. We crave knowledge and relish the adventure of challenges, experiences, and new ways of thinking.
- Think smart - We love being bold and different. More importantly we ask the right questions, find the right problems, and deliver solid solutions.
We want Hot Potters to be as happy and healthy as possible. We currently offer the following:
- Comprehensive private medical insurance and health cash plan
- Mobile phone allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Office snacks and drinks
- Regular social activities
- Regular training initiatives