Working as part of a team you will be directly involved in a diversity of challenging overhead line projects constructing and replacing out-dated networks. You will also be given the opportunity to develop your career along the way.
- To construct/maintain/replace overhead electrical networks up to 33kV.
- To lead by example and safely undertake works as directed.
- To partake in the risk assessment process prior to project commencement and continually review and report changes to your Chargehand.
- To work safely at all times and in line with Company and statutory safety requirements.
- To ensure that all work is carried out efficiently and in accordance with Company procedures and client/Company distribution safety rules.
- Install and construct overhead electricity networks to relevant construction standards and exacting quality standards.
- To highlight any concerns, unsafe conditions or acts to your line manager.
- To mentor other team members.
Who we are looking for:
- People with 3 years experience as a linesman.
- A team player that is enthusiastic and willing to participate in achieving a class-leading business.
- People with current DNO authorisations (Work on Dead Networks, Live LV Working)
- People with IPAF accreditation
- People with a full driving licence
- NRSWA Operative
- People with a risk adverse attitude.
- People who can interact with members of the public in a polite and courteous manner.
What would be beneficial:
- IOSH Working safely qualification
- Driving licence with C1+E category
- City & Guilds 2339 (formally 2322)
- NPTC Chainsaw qualification