Core Java Developer Trading Technology
£90000 + bonus
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Core Java Developer to join our high profile client.
Our client is well known Low Latency Trading liquidity provider and broker. (NO Finance experience needed)
As a senior level developer, you will act within the Integration team to produce solution designs, proof of concept/prototype applications, research and evaluate third party development tools etc, which can be used to implement a strategic/unified vision, supportable across all parts of the Firm.
You will undertake refactoring and extend existing legacy applications from a ‘continuous improvement’ perspective.
- MIFID II/Customer data delivery (aka Global Data Cache)
- Trade Surveillance system implementation and development.
- Integration of merged business settlement processing systems.
- Integration to industry standard third party clearing and settlement systems.
- Message workflow development for new multi business / single solution initiative.
- Post Trade Technology (Integration – UK) is predominantly java based development team within the Global Post Trade Technology group.
- The main area of responsibility covers post trade settlements across multiple businesses and asset classes.
- Specifically, the team develops, maintains and supports multiple data messaging and workflow systems.
- The team is based in London, and develops solutions for the global business.
Development is agile and fast paced. The day begins with a short scrum at which tasks will be distributed and any road-blocks cleared. Work is test driven, with unit tests implemented first to be run in our continuous integration environment. Only then do they write code. As requirements evolve you will re-factor and our unit test suite. To deliver quickly you will leverage the best of the open source community, sometimes substituting your own solutions where greater performance is needed. You will be encouraged to evangelise and prototype new technologies and through doing so you will help shape the architecture.
Core Java Developers Must Have:
- Linux and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems – 8yrs
- Core Java programming – 8+ yrs
- General knowledge of object oriented analysis and design (OOAD)
- Understanding and experience utilizing software patterns for best practices in development
- Experienced with source control usage (CVS, perforce, Visual SourceSafe, MKS, SCCS, etc )
- Sybase RDBMS Platform (12.5.x and higher) DON’T WORRY NOT THAT IMPORTANT
- Extensive stored procedure and query writing, as well as DDL and DML object creation
- Messaging middleware (JMS) and ESB technologies
- J2EE application server experience (Glassfish, tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Jetty, etc.)
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Experience with SOA/Integration, and API Management technologies and standards
You will be joining a progressive and exciting company committed to excellence. They offer an excellent working environment with ongoing training and a structured career path. You can also expect an excellent salary and benefits package.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in London
Core Java Developer / Java Engineer